This theme requires a working version of WordPress to already be installed on your server. If you need to install WordPress then please visit http://wordpress.org/download/. If you need any help with the installation, please refer to this guide: http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress.
Here is a brief step by step on how to install WordPress:
- Download and unzip the WordPress package if you haven't already.
- Create a database for WordPress on your web server, as well as a MySQL user who has all privileges for accessing and modifying it.
- Upload the WordPress files in the desired location on your web server:
- If you want to integrate WordPress into the root of your domain (e.g. http://example.com/), move or upload all contents of the unzipped WordPress directory (but excluding the directory itself) into the root directory of your web server.
- If you want to have your WordPress installation in its own subdirectory on your website (e.g. http://example.com/blog/), create the blog directory on your server and upload WordPress to the directory via FTP.
Note: If your FTP client has an option to convert file names to lower case, make sure it's disabled.
- Run the WordPress installation script by accessing wp-admin/install.php in a web browser.
- If you installed WordPress in the root directory, you should visit: http://example.com/wp-admin/install.php
- If you installed WordPress in its own subdirectory called blog, for example, you should visit: http://example.com/blog/wp-admin/install.php
Article is closed for comments.